Read the first 3 chapters of HIS AND MINE for free

Read the prologue, plus the first two chapters of HIS AND MINE! Add it on Goodreads. Get it on Amazon. Enjoy! Leave your thoughts in the comments!


Prologue

She was a fire,
a light
a warmth
a weapon.
He was a sculpture,
of ice
of ash
of dust.
They were
the beautiful
fragility
of a ticking bomb.
She was everything
he could never be.
Emotional.
Colorful.
He was everything
that she was.
Broken.
Fragile.
And so
it must be asked
how does a tear
fall in love
with a flame?
How
could the sun
fall in love
with the moon?
Why
would numbness
fall in love
with pain?
Winter
and summer
could never be together.



Part One




Her
I saw a boy
on the street corner
of his and mine
and I saw
his arms
covered in lines
of tragic poetry
no one cares to read.
Why
does no one
care to read?
He looked like
a coon
with those
two bruised eyes.
A mask.
And I thought
damn
he looks
like me
on the inside.
Beneath bruised tissue
blue eyes shone
and my breath caught
and I kept walking.
Him
She was
dark leather
bruised knuckles
and cigarette smoke.
The smoke
seemed appropriate
for a girl
with fire inside.
And I thought
damn
I wish I could feel
things
like she does.
But
it looks like
maybe
like me
all she knows how to feel
is pain.
She is looking at me.
I feel like an animal
a deer
caught
in her eyes
and my heart
leaps into my throat
inexplicably...

And then she's gone.

Comments

Popular Posts